There are many things you should consider if you are aiming to move before Christmas 2021.
Moving at any time of year can seem like a busy time, but especially in the lead up to Christmas when you're also thinking about friends and family plans, gifts, travel etc.
Have you considered these key aspects:
- Getting your property ready for market - Declutter your home and redecorate if necessary, a deep clean, and an empty loft.
- Choose the right selling agency - To evaluate the property and manage the process for you.
- Book surveyors - Ensure the property you're moving to is surveyed before committing to a purchase.
- BOOK REMOVALS - It is essential you book ASAP, to ensure your moving day goes smoothly and you're assisted with packing if requested.
- Ensure pets and children are minded - Arrange childcare or pet care in advance of moving day, so they're away from any potential stress.
- Pack small valuables separately - Take them with you, not in the removals boxes for insurance purposes.
- Prepare a list of providers - You'll need to notify many about your change of address.
- Transfer your phone number - If you're looking to keep the same home phone number, contact your provider.
- Arrange for post to be redirected - You don't want to miss those Christmas cards and New Year invitations.
- Defrost your fridge and freezer - 2 days before your move day in preparation for transportation.
- Take meter readings - On moving day, don't forget to take those last gas, electric and water figures.
If you require a home removals service, we have over 30 years experience and remain the largest family-owned removals company in the 3 counties.
We focus on making your move as "stress-free" as possible by ensuring you action our checklist of "things to do", check out our useful moving guide. which ensures other details such as handing keys to agents etc. are also all considered.
- Britannia Bennetts -
Plan to make a smart move